AMAZING Vegan Chocolate Fig Energy Balls Recipe
Nothing better than dark chocolate... Nothing better than figs... Nothing better than the two of them together! Make these AMAZING Vegan Chocolate Fig Energy Balls when you need an afternoon pick-me-up!
* 3/4 cup of almonds (natural, unsalted)
* 8 figs (I used California figs)
* 2 tbsp of cacao powder unsweetened
* 1 tsp cinnamon
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 1/4 tsp of salt
* 2 tbsp Aromacacao Organic 100% Chocolate Bites Smooth Dark
* 2 tbsp cacao nibs raw (optional for an extra crunch)
* 3 tbsp of shaved coconut or shaved almonds (optional)
Place figs in a bowl with hot water, cover for 10 minutes. In a food processor, place almonds until ground. Add cinnamon, salt, and vanilla extract. Mix again. Add figs and mix again until forming a paste. Fold in chocolate chips and cacao nibs with a spoon. Cut a piece of plastic food wrap in the shape of a square. With a spoon, place dough in the middle of the plastic and make the balls with it (you can use your hands but it gets sticky and messy!). Once balls are formed you can add toppings. I used shaved coconut and shaved almonds and they were delicious!