reap the benefits of this superfood
9 Key Dark Chocolate Benefits
- Fortifies the Immune System
- Improves Oxygen Consumption
- Controls Appetite & Reduces Cravings
- Improves Blood Flow & Lowers Cholesterol
- Enhances Calm and Happiness
- Boosts Concentration & Focus
- Powerful Source of Antioxidants, Iron, and Magnesium
- Increases Energy Levels
- Promotes Brain Health
we love it when you love it
What is Cacao?
Its scientific name, Theobroma cacao, is Greek for "food of the gods.”
Cacao is a true superfood, containing more antioxidants than blueberries, in addition to iron, calcium, and magnesium.
Cacao is the main ingredient used to make chocolate, which is why dark chocolate has so many health benefits—it's a notable source of flavonoids, which may have beneficial effects on cardiovascular health, oxygen consumption, brain health, and theobromine, a bitter alkaloid similar to caffeine proven to boost mood and energy.
single-origin, artisanal process
How Dark Chocolate is Made
proudly assuring our quality
recipe of the month
Vegan Chocolate Fig Balls
- ¾ Cup of almonds (natural, unsalted)
- 8 California figs
- 2 Tbsp of cacao powder unsweetened
- 1 Tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 Tbsp Aromacacao Organic 100% Chocolate Bites Smooth Dark
- Place figs in a bowl with hot water, cover for 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, place almonds until ground. Add cinnamon, salt, and vanilla extract. Mix again.
- Add figs and mix again until forming a paste. Fold in chocolate chips and mix again to break the chocolate pieces just a bit.
- Cut a piece of plastic food wrap in the shape of a square. With a spoon, place dough in the middle of the plastic and make the balls with it.
- Once balls are formed you can add toppings such as shaved coconut and shaved almonds.